Sustainability is of tremendous importance with any build at Antler Homes, and we strive to include as many environmentally friendly measures as possible to make our sites more sustainable.
We consider the environmental impact of our design, materials and finishes from the initial design process to when you begin living in one of our homes.
Sustainability starts with our Land team, and each site is assessed for sustainability concerning public transport availability, the impact of development on local wildlife, biodiversity on site and heritage matters.
We are committed to building beautiful homes that are low impact, ecological and sustainable, exceeding current standards where possible by utilising a considered use of technology and our own innovation.
We are improving the thermal efficiency of the walls, windows and roofs, installing high efficiency condensing boilers and low carbon technologies, helping to reduce carbon emissions and exceed Government building regulation standards for thermal and energy efficiency.
We actively insist that our suppliers, building methods and materials adhere to or exceed our standards, we monitor them regularly to ensure compliance. When building our properties, we carefully consider the needs of each development, landscaping the grounds, adding sustainable drainage systems and aim to plant a wide variety of plants, shrubs and trees to attract butterflies, bees and birds.
Due to the nature of the sites we develop our beautiful homes on, in some circumstances, we cannot deliver all the environmentally friendly measures we would like to. Despite this, we aim to minimise the impact of the developments by delivering many of the below on our sites:
- Minimum ‘B’ EPC rating and Level 3/4 of the Code for Sustainable Homes on all new build homes
- Electric vehicle chargers
- Energy-efficient accessories as standard (A-rated)
- Recycling points in all kitchens
- Water meters fitted as standard
- Solar panels or air source heat pumps installed where possible
- Remote heating controls (such as Hive)
- Ecological consumables (such as hedgehog highways, bat boxes, bird boxes, composters, rainwater butts, permeable surfaces, wildflower verge planting, landscape buffers, ponds)
- Sustainable drainage solutions
- Eco-friendly insulation
- Water saving (via grey water, dual flush loos, flow restriction on showers/taps, etc)
- Tree-lined streets
- Open plan designs with maximise use of natural light
During the construction process, we seek to minimise noise and light pollution and recycle all possible materials and packaging. We also encourage using recycled materials during the build where possible, ensuring our offices reflect our commitment and passion for sustainability by offering recycling points on all sites, promoting digital and remote working alongside EV chargers for team members with electric cars.
Land & planning
With a wealth of experience in obtaining high-quality sites in the best locations, Antler Homes have created stunning homes in beautiful, sought-after towns and villages throughout the South of England.